We are looking to fill 2 full/part-time roles to help with the farm and value-add operations.
If you are interested to join or would like to learn more, please drop us a note at: hello @ gracefoodlabs.com
- Farm help:
The role involves working closely with farm staff, volunteers and staff at New Entry Sustainable Farming Project on a variety of farm tasks including seedling production, planting, harvesting, washing and packing, irrigation, cultivation, record-keeping, and farm maintenance tasks.
- $15-$20 per hour (depending on farm background)
- Hours (may vary for the right candidate): – 20 hours/week May 1st – September 30th.
- Location: Beverly, MA
- Work hours are flexible, but ideally would need to be available at least 2-3 week days for 5 or more hours, and preferably on Sundays for harvesting, packing, CSA drop-off etc.
- The right candidate will be interested in sustainable agriculture, self-motivated, quick, responsible, attentive to detail, curious, flexible, and comfortable communicating with a wide variety of people.
- This position involves working both independently and with a group.
- We are a small farm and are not necessarily looking for someone with a ton of farming experience. Some familiarity with farming is required, but any farming experience / background is definitely a plus!
- A positive attitude and good sense of humor
- Ability to work outdoors in all kinds of weather
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and work independently
- Ability to bend and lift 50 pounds repeatedly (during harvesting, post-harvest cleaning/processing etc.)
- Punctuality. All staff are expected to be dressed for the weather and ready to work when the work day begins.
2. Value-add products and farmers’ market:
The role involves helping us at the shared kitchen to process locally grown sustainable food into value-add products like sauces, chutneys, veggie patties, prepared meals, baked goods and so on. During the farm season (June through September), we sell our produce and products at the Winchester Farmers’ Market – we would really appreciate if you can help with setting up and packing up at the market, and manning the table during the market hours.
- $15 per hour ($20 per hour if ServSafe certified)
- Hours (may vary for the right candidate): 20 hours/week at the kitchen – All round the year. plus 8 hours on Saturday if helping at Farmers’ market
- Location: Wakefield / Winchester
- Work hours are flexible, but ideally would need to be available at least 1-2 weekday evenings for 6-8 hour long stretches of work at the kitchen, and Saturday mornings for the farmers’ market.
- The right candidate will be interested in joining us in developing recipes with farm surplus, and producing our successful line-up sustainable, local, nourishing food products. We need someone who is self-motivated, quick, responsible, attentive to detail, curious, flexible, and loves food!
- This position involves working with us in a group setting at the kitchen and at the market.